||OFFICER-IN-CHARGE OF A NAVIGATIONAL WATCH (OIC-NW)
A. FIRST TIMERS:
- BSMT Transcript of Records with Scanned Picture and with the following data:
a) Date of Graduation (mm/dd/yy)
b) S.O. Number
c) School Seal and
d) Remarks “For Licensure Examination Purposes Only” - original and photocopy
- Authenticated Birth Certificate in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by National Statistics Office (NSO)
original and photocopy
- NBI Clearance (Valid until the last day of scheduled examination) – original and photocopy
- Comprehensive Medical Certificate (1 year validity) Issued by DOH accredited Medical clinics and
hospitals. Valid for at least one (1) month after the licensure exam - original and photocopy, Or ;
Medical Certificate [PRC MDO Form No. 4]. (6 months validity). Valid for at least one (1) month after the
licensure exam – original copy
- Community Tax Certificate / Cedula (current year) - original and photocopy
- An approved Sea-going Service as:
a.) Apprentice Mate or Deck Cadet for at least twelve (12) months on board
sea going ship of 500 Gross Tonnage
b.) Ordinary Seaman and Able Bodied Seaman with at least twelve (12) months seagoing service on board ship of 500 gross tonnage or more shall be allowed to take the written or walk-in licensure examination. However, if the applicant passed the said examination, he shall not be issued Certificate of Competency and Endorsement Certificate until he completes the thirty six (36) months seagoing service.
c.) Other positions such as Deck Trainee / Deck Assistant / Deck Boy / Messman / Bosun with at least thirty six (36) months seagoing service on board ship of 500 gross tonnage or more.
Proof of Sea Service:
a.) Original Certificate of Sea Service (PRC MDO Form No. 5)
• Properly accomplished; all data filled in
• Certified / Signed by the Master of the vessel and affixed seal of vessel
• Attested by the Shipping / Manning Agency
• Duly Notarized
b.) Certification of Sea Service from the Shipping or Manning Agency. (The certification shall include the
type of the vessel, gross tonnage, trading area, rank occupied and inclusive dates of sea service).
• Signed by the President / Manager / Authorized signatory of the company
• Company dry seal affixed.
• Duly notarized
c.) Authenticated copy(ies) of Approved POEA Contract of Employment with date of deployment to
of the ship stated in the certificate of sea service (for foreign trade) Or ;
Notarized Crew List from the vessel stamped by the Philippine Coast Guard (for domestic trade).
d.) Seaman’s Identification Record Book (SIRB) – original and photocopy
• Photocopy of pages 1, 2 & 3 and pages indicating the sea service rendered
• Photocopy of pages indicating the dates of arrival and departure stamped by the Philippine Immigration
- Four (4) pieces Passport size colored picture with white background (In proper & prescribed
Merchant Marine uniform, Shoulder board with two (2) gold stripes, No head gear,Proper hair cut, No eye glasses and With complete name tag).
(Ex: DELA CRUZ, JUAN JR. SALVADOR)
- One (1) Mailing Envelope with metered mailing stamps Metered Documentary Stamp for Computerized
Application Form. Please pay at the PRC Customer Service Center, Ground Floor.
- Examination Fee = Php 900.00
- SSBT with BRM and Assessment Certificate (optional)
B. RETAKERS AND CONDITIONAL:
To submit Item Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 only. Item No. 10 (optional)
Examination Fee: Retakers = Php 900.00
Conditional = Php 450.00